Monday, August 15, 2011

Happiness


Did you miss me?

Yes, I took an unannounced, unplanned blogging break. I can't even figure out why exactly. I just became unmotivated for a spell. Perhaps the blogs I have rolling in my head wouldn't be appropriate for public viewing.

Whatever the reason, I have been procrastinating, I do want to get to the bottom of it (hey, a new idiom to tell my friend Ping). Nevertheless, I apologize to my loyal readers. And I thank you for encouraging me to "carry on already."

With that, I bring you one of my "Happy Songs" (first notes are produced with a Harp...lovely!) and some "Happy Pictures" of my 9 year old and our dog, Oscar.


This song has the infallible ability to lift my spirits every time I hear it. It prompts me to get my groove on, clap my hands in a double-clap, and sing from the top of my lungs. Sometimes, it brings tears to my eyes as I reflect on the "dog days" and the newfound gumption I feel when I proclaim "the dog days are over, the dog days are all done!"

Photobucket

Beyond the well known Chorus, the verses find common ground with me too. I don't know Florence's meaning behind the words, but I identify with them in my own interpretation.

Maybe it's the Melancholy Me that loves this song. The highs and lows.
I picture myself running, laughing, circling, smiling, riding a horse, then slowly surrounding myself with everything I love.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Does Happiness ever hit you like a bullet in the back? I totally relate!!! I don't know where or how, but sometimes I just feel happy all of a sudden...this songs evokes that in me. My pulse beats a little faster and I feel a rising in my soul. The dog days are over!!
Photobucket

Photobucket
The result? Like the lyrics say, "Leave all your love and your longing behind, you can't carry it with you if want to survive." With the dog days behind me, I feel the ability to leave a trail of Love-for-Others, not keeping it to myself. It presses me to act on my longings so as not to live with regret.
Photobucket
High-five for that!
Photobucket

How about you and your Home-eez?? Have any Happy Songs? Happy Pictures?


No comments:

Post a Comment